Friday, January 18, 2008

2007 FAVORITES

I wanted to share some of my favorite finds from last year with you ~ finds that will arouse your senses. Two of my favorite things are books and music.... so here is my all time top favorite books for you to put on your reading list:

It is a 3 Book series by author: Nancy Turner.
#1 "These is my Words"
#2 "Sarah's Quilt"
#3 "The Star Garden"
This series depicts the life long story of Sarah Agnes Prine who lived during the
last quarter of the 19th C. and first part of the 1900's. She was a rancher in the
unsettled AZ. Territories. TRULY a MUST read!

Some of my favorite newly discovered music in 2007 included:

"The High Lonesome Sound" by ROSCOE HOLCOMB. Roscoe's music comes from the KY hills
where he lived and played. His banjo sound is like no other.

"Mountain Music of Kentucky" by various artists. Sounds include wonderful banjo, artful fiddle, mountain blues and civil war era greats.

Hope you enjoy some of these as much as I do.. and send me some of your favorite finds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill-

Well, it looks like we not only have the same taste in books but also music!! Can't wait to listen! Thanks for sharing!

Mary in Maryland